The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Pasta a la Drini
This yummy, healthy meal is on the table in just 30 minutes! And it's totally versatile - you can easily adjust the herbs and spices to your own taste!
- 16-oz. pkg. Italian turkey sausage links
- 28-oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ⅛ t. red pepper flakes
- dried oregano and dried basil to taste
- 10-oz. pkg. frozen broccoli, cooked
- 16-oz. pkg. whole-wheat penne pasta, cooked
- Place sausages on a grill pan over medium heat. Cook until browned and no longer pink in the center; remove from pan and let cool.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine tomatoes with juice and seasoning; bring to a simmer. Slice sausages into bite-size pieces and add to sauce. Add broccoli and pasta to skillet.
- Return to a simmer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until heated through.
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Forget plain old potatoes! This potato casserole is easy to make and your family will love it.
- 5 to 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ c. milk
- 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 8-oz. container sour cream
- 2 t. dried parsley
- 1 t. garlic salt
- ¼ t. nutmeg
- ¾ c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Cover potatoes with water in a large saucepan; bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Drain well. Mash until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, beat together all ingredients except Cheddar cheese and bacon until smooth and creamy. Spoon into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Autumn Recipes Cookbook
Very Berry Peach Pies
These mini pies are an irresistible way to enjoy 3 favorite fresh fruits - peaches, blackberries and blueberries!
- 4 c. peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 c. blackberries
- 1 c. blueberries
- ¾ c. plus 2 t. sugar, divided
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 T. butter, diced
- 2 9-inch pie
- Garnish: cinnamon-sugar
- Combine fruit in a large bowl; mix gently. Blend ¾ cup sugar and flour in a small bowl; toss lightly with fruit mixture.
- Pour fruit mixture into six to eight, 3" individual ramekins; dot with butter.
- Gently roll out dough on a floured surface and cut 6 to 8 circles one inch larger than ramekins. Place crusts atop ramekins. Trim and crimp edges; cut vents in crust. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Cover edges of crust with strips of aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake at 425 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, until golden.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Homestyle Favorites Cookbook
Chicken Taco Salad
This chicken taco salad makes a wonderful lunch or light dinner.
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 c. cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1-1/4 oz. pkg. taco seasoning mix
- ¾ c. water
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 15-1/2 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ c. green onion, sliced
- 15-1/4 oz. can corn, drained
- 2-1/4 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
- Garnish: sour cream, salsa
- Microwave tortillas on high setting for one minute, or until softened. Press each tortilla into an ungreased jumbo muffin cup to form a bowl shape. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; cool.
- Combine chicken, taco seasoning and water in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until blended, about 5 minutes.
- Divide lettuce among tortilla bowls. Top with chicken and other ingredients, garnishing with a dollop of sour cream and salsa.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Home-Style Favorites Cookbook
7th Heaven Layered Salad
Serve up this cool layered salad on a hot summer day and watch it disappear.
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 t. dried basil
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- ½ head lettuce, torn
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 10 to 12 green onions, finely chopped
- 8-oz. pkg. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Blend together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and seasonings; cover and set aside.
- Layer lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and onions in a glass trifle dish or 13"x9" glass baking pan; spoon cream cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Hearty Recipes Cookbook