The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Cheesy Potato Puffs
Whether you serve these delightful potato puffs at your next party or just whip them up for a late night family snack, they're sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 4-oz. pkg. instant potato flakes
- ½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ c. bacon bits
- Optional: paprika
- Prepare potato flakes according to package directions; let cool.
- Stir in cheese; roll into 1-1/2 inch balls. Roll balls in bacon bits; arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Easy Entertaining Recipes Cookbook
Nachos for a Crowd
If you love nachos, you'll love this recipe! Make your next party or get-together special with this spicy treat.
- 13-1/2 oz. bag round tortilla chips
- 15-oz. can homestyle chili
- 8-oz. pkg. shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- ½ c. queso sauce
- 10-oz. pkg. shredded lettuce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ c. jalapeño pepper, sliced
- Optional: ½ c. sliced black olives, 4-oz. can diced green chiles
- Garnish: ½ c. sour cream, 1 tomato, diced, 2 T. dried chives
- Arrange chips on a large microwave-safe plate; set aside. Heat chili in a microwave-safe bowl on high setting for one minute; stir. Microwave for another minute; set aside. Sprinkle tortilla chips with cheese; microwave on high setting for 30 seconds. Spoon chili and queso sauce over cheese; sprinkle with lettuce, onion and peppers. Top with black olives and green chiles, if desired. Add a dollop of sour cream; sprinkle with tomato and chives.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Christmas Recipes Cookbook
Creamy BLT Dip
A wonderfully different dip for your next party or get-together!
- 1 lb. bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Optional: chopped fresh chives
- Blend together bacon, mayonnaise and sour cream; chill.
- Stir in tomatoes just before serving; sprinkle with chives, if desired.
- Makes 2-1/2 cups.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Homestyle Favorites Cookbook
Bubbly Cheese Garlic Bread
This easy, cheesy garlic bread makes a delicious appetizer, or enjoy it as part of your dinner when you serve your favorite pasta dish.
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ to 1 c. creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1 loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar, mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 t. dried parsley
- Blend butter, garlic and salad dressing together in a small bowl.
- Place bread on a baking sheet, cut-side up. Spread butter mixture over both halves.
- Top with shredded cheese and parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 10 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice each half into 8 pieces; serve warm.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Weeknight Dinners Cookbook
7 Layer Mexican Dip
This easy to make dip recipe is an all time favorite at potlucks and group get-togethers. In fact, it's so well-liked that you might need to make a double batch!
- 16-oz. can refried beans
- 2 c. sour cream
- 1-1/4 oz. pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, diced
- ¼ c. black olives, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- tortilla chips
- Spread beans in the bottom of a 10" round or square clear glass dish; set aside.
- Combine sour cream and seasoning mix; spread over beans.
- Mix avocados, lemon juice and garlic; layer over sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese; top with onions, olives and tomato.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Hot 'n Spicy Chicken Wings
A fabulous appetizer or party food, these hot and spicy chicken wings are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 5 lbs. bag chicken wings (drumettes)
- 12 fl. oz. Louisana Pure Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1-2 sticks butter
- Fry chicken wings until golden brown, then drain on paper towel.
- Melt butter. Mix hot sauce and melted butter and pour into deep pan or crock pot. Add chicken wings to sauce and heat thoroughly.
If you can’t find Louisana Pure Crystal Hot Sauce at your local grocery store you can order it from Amazon here
Recipe Source: 300 Chicken Recipes Cookbook