The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Upside-Down Pizza Casserole
Love the savory flavors of pizza but don't want to order delivery? This hearty Upside-Down Pizza Casserole is a great way to satisfy your craving without picking up the phone OR making a traditional crust. It's easy enough for a weeknight and kids love it.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 c. green pepper, chopped
- 15-oz. can pizza sauce
- ½ c. sliced pepperoni, chopped
- ½ t. Italian seasoning
- 6-oz. pkg. thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. milk
- 1 T. oil
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown beef, onion and green pepper; drain. Stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni and seasoning; simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture into a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Place mozzarella cheese slices over hot beef mixture.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and oil; whisk for one minute. Stir in flour salt and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Pour batter over mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, until puffed and golden.
You can easily tweak the ingredients to include your family's favorites... add mushrooms and olives, leave out the peppers and onions, or tailor it however you like.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Weeknight Dinners Cookbook
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Put a delicious spin on dinner with these flavorful twice baked potatoes.
- 6 lg. potatoes
- 1-1/4 t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- ¼ c. butter
- 1 c. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 c. hot milk
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ c. sour cream
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- chopped green onions
- Scrub potatoes, pierce skins and bake at 425 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Cut potatoes and scoop out pulp; mash. Add salt, pepper, butter, and cheese; beat well. Add hot milk and beat until fluffy and cheese is melted. Stir in green onions and sour cream; blend.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Spoon potatoes into an 11”x7” baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions; bake 15 minutes.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch In the Kitchen with Family & Friends Cookbook
Week Night Hamburger Casserole
This casserole is so easy to make and delicious to eat, you'll never by the boxed stuff again!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 ounce box elbow macaroni 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare elbow macaroni according to box instructions. Drain.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet on medium heat. Cook celery, onions, garlic, and peppers until translucent.
- Add ground beef, and cook until brown. Drain excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, and spices. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add macaroni and stir in one cup of cheddar cheese.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased 9 by 11 inch pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe Source: Food.com
Casserole Ala Carte
The basis of this easy-to-whip-up casserole is macaroni and cheese - a favorite with almost everyone. It's really versatile - you can use almost any kind of meat in it - and it's great for using up leftover meats.
- 1 package macaroni and cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom, cream of chicken or cream of celery soup
- ¾ c. milk
- ½ stick butter or margarine
- One of the following:
- 1 c. cooked chicken, cut in bite-size pieces
- ½ lb. hot dogs, sliced
- 1 can tuna, drained
- ½ lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup ham cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook macaroni and cheese as directed on the package, but use ¾ cup milk.
- Stir in soup until well blended.
- Add meat and mix well.
- Place in 1½ quart casserole dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
I made this using chicken, which you can't really see in the picture, and cream of chicken soup. My other favorite combination is chicken or ham and cream of celery soup.
Green Bean Casserole
Easy to make and delicious to eat, this green bean casserole is a "must have" at holiday gathering in my house.
- 2 cans green beans, regular cut or french-style
- 1 can cram of mushroom soup
- 1 can French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drain liquid from green beans. Spread one can of green beans in bottom of a loaf pan or casserole dish.
- Spread half of the cream of mushroom soup over the green beans. Top with half of the French friend onions. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until soup is bubbling.
Sometimes I use crushed potato chips in place of the French friend onions, and it's just as tasty.
Baked Penne Pasta
Quick and easy to make, this baked penne pasta recipe will become a family favorite the first time you make it.
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ c. chopped onion
- ½ c. chopped green pepper
- 1 24 oz. can or jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 10 oz. tub Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 3 c. cooked penne pasta (2 c. uncooked)
- Heat over to 350 degrees.
- Brown meat with onions and green peppers in skillet. Drain fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce, ¾ cup cooking creme and ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add pasta and toss until well mixed. Spoon into 2 qt. casserole dish. Top with remaining cooking creme and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake 15 minutes. Uncover and cook for 5 minutes more, or until heated through.
I omitted the green peppers (my family doesn't like them) and used spaghetti sauce with mushrooms. I served this with garlic bread and a tossed salad. It makes 6-8 servings.