The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Fantastic Taco Casserole
A quick and easy recipe that's sure to please your family. Served with a side salad, you've got a well balanced and delicious meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1¼ ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, divided (or mixed cheddar, jack etc.)
- 1 cup salsa (I prefer mild, but if you would like to kick it up a notch, go for it)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (2⅓ ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips (coarsely crushed or chopped)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Brown ground beef; drain fat. Add taco seasoning and the amount of water called for on the package. Cook according to package directions.
- Heat the refried beans on stove until hot. Add 1 cup cheese and 1 cup salsa. Stir until combined.
- Line bottom of 8x8" dish with crushed corn chips. Pour bean mixture over corn chips.
- Spoon beef on top of beans. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Sprinkle green onions and black olives over cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is well melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped tomatoes on top. Serve with a dollop of sour cream if you'd like.
Recipe adapted from Food.com.