The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Very Berry Peach Pies
These mini pies are an irresistible way to enjoy 3 favorite fresh fruits - peaches, blackberries and blueberries!
- 4 c. peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 c. blackberries
- 1 c. blueberries
- ¾ c. plus 2 t. sugar, divided
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 T. butter, diced
- 2 9-inch pie
- Garnish: cinnamon-sugar
- Combine fruit in a large bowl; mix gently. Blend ¾ cup sugar and flour in a small bowl; toss lightly with fruit mixture.
- Pour fruit mixture into six to eight, 3" individual ramekins; dot with butter.
- Gently roll out dough on a floured surface and cut 6 to 8 circles one inch larger than ramekins. Place crusts atop ramekins. Trim and crimp edges; cut vents in crust. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Cover edges of crust with strips of aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake at 425 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, until golden.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Homestyle Favorites Cookbook
This light summer dessert is great for cookouts or other get-togethers where there are large groups of people. But don't expect to take any leftovers home. 🙂
- 1 Angel Food cake (10"), cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Box vanilla pudding mix (6 serving size)
- 2 c. strawberries, sliced
- 1 c. blueberries
- 1 tub Cool Whip (8 oz.), thawed
- Line bottom of trifle bowl with ⅓ of the cake cubes. Spread ⅓ of the pudding over cake. Top with ⅓ of the fruits, then ⅓ of the Cool Whip.
- Repeat the layers twice. Top the final layer of Cool Whip with more fruit for garnish, if you'd like.
Instead of buying a pre-made cake at the store, we used an Angel Food cake mix. I had never baked an Angel Food cake before, and I decided I won't buy one again. It's a very touchy cake to bake. I'll definitely buy a cake that's already made next time. It would be so much easier.
Summer Fruit Salad
There's nothing like fresh fruit salad on a hot summer day, and this one is easy to make and beautiful to serve.
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 1 medium size cantelope
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries
- ½ lb. fresh green seedless grapes
- Cut watermelon in half lengthwise. (Get fancy with it if you want to!) Remove fruit and cut into chunks.
- Cut cantelope into chunks.
- Wash blueberries, strawberries and grapes. Remove hulls from strawberries and slice berries in half. (Or quarters if they're really large.)
- Place all fruits into watermelon halves and gently mix so nothing gets mashed.
You can use any type of fruits that you want in this salad.
Simply Sensational Strawberry Shortcake
This tender shortcake layered with juicy strawberries, a mixture of vanilla pudding and whipped topping is a dessert your family will ask for over and over again.
- 1¼ c. milk, divided
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2¼ c. all-purpose baking mix for biscuits
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) vanilla flavor instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 4 c. sliced strawberries
- ⅓ c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Beat ½ cup of the milk, the sour cream and 3 Tbsp. sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in baking mix until just moistened.
- Spread evenly into greased 9-inch round cake pan. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until top is golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
- Add remaining ¾ cup milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in half of the whipped topping.
- Toss strawberries with ⅓ cup sugar; set aside.
- Cut cake horizontally in half to make two layers.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving plate; top with half of the strawberry mixture. Spread with pudding mixture; cover with top cake layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping; top with remaining strawberry mixture.
- Serve immediately. Store any leftover shortcake in refrigerator.
Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com