The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Slow Cooker Chicken And Biscuits
This slow cooker recipe for chicken and biscuits makes it easy to prepare, and it's a delicious meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 1½ to 2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves, cut in large chunks
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed cream of chicken or cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- Dash black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 6 frozen biscuits or refrigerator biscuits
- In a slow cooker, layer the chunks of uncooked chicken breasts with chopped onion and celery. Combine the soup and gravy with poultry seasoning, thyme, and pepper; pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add the thawed mixed vegetables, turn the slow cooker to HIGH, and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, bake the biscuits as directed on the package. Split a biscuit and spoon some of the chicken and vegetables over the bottom biscuit. Put the top half of the biscuit on the chicken and gravy.
Recipe Source: About.com
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Taco in a Pan
This deliciously different version of tacos is quick and easy to make, and a real family-pleaser.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ c. onion, chopped
- ½ c. green pepper, chopped
- 2 c. water
- 1-1/4 oz. pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1-1/2 c. instant rice, uncooked
- 1 c. salsa, or to taste
- 1 c. shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Optional: 1 c. sliced black olives
- Garnish: crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- Brown beef, onion and green pepper in a skillet over medium heat; drain.
- Stir water and taco seasoning into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; stir in rice.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until rice is tender. Sprinkle salsa and cheese over all.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand until cheese melts. Top with tomato and olives, if desired. Garnish with chips.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Stovetop Suppers Cookbook
Upside-Down Pizza Casserole
Love the savory flavors of pizza but don't want to order delivery? This hearty Upside-Down Pizza Casserole is a great way to satisfy your craving without picking up the phone OR making a traditional crust. It's easy enough for a weeknight and kids love it.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 c. green pepper, chopped
- 15-oz. can pizza sauce
- ½ c. sliced pepperoni, chopped
- ½ t. Italian seasoning
- 6-oz. pkg. thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. milk
- 1 T. oil
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown beef, onion and green pepper; drain. Stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni and seasoning; simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture into a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Place mozzarella cheese slices over hot beef mixture.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and oil; whisk for one minute. Stir in flour salt and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Pour batter over mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, until puffed and golden.
You can easily tweak the ingredients to include your family's favorites... add mushrooms and olives, leave out the peppers and onions, or tailor it however you like.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Weeknight Dinners Cookbook
Lemon-Grilled Tiger Shrimp on Risotto
This is a truly tasty treat from Down Under. The addition of chicken stock and vermouth infuses the risotto with a creamy richness that perfectly complements the tang of chives and lemon, and the richness of the shrimp.
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) risotto rice (vialone, arborio or carnaroli)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) vermouth OR dry white wine
- 12 large shrimp in the shell, split down the centre
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) shredded basil leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped chives
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- In another saucepan, heat half the oil and butter. Add the shallot and cook gently for 5 minutes, then add the rice and stir until well coated. Pour in the vermouth and stir until absorbed by the rice.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock. Keep stirring the simmering rice until the liquid is almost completely absorbed. Now add another ladleful of stock and continue cooking, adding more stock only when the previous liquid has been completely absorbed.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, the rice will be creamy and cooked but still slightly al dente.
- Preheat the broiler and place the shrimp on a baking sheet, shell side down. Season them with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Broil the shrimp just until they turn opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the herbs, lemon zest and juice into the rice. Season with salt and pepper, then divide the risotto between 4 plates and top with the cooked shrimp.
Creamy Pasta Casserole
This quick and easy dish uses cream cheese to add an extra creamy texture to everyday pasta.
- 1 (12 oz.) package bow tie or penne pasta
- ½ (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (24 oz.) jar pasta sauce
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Boil pasta until cooked through, yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes; drain and return pasta to pot.
- Melt cream cheese into the pasta. Stir pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes into the pasta mixture.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir ground beef 2 to 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic to the beef, and continue cooking until the meat is completely browned, about 5 minutes more. Stir beef mixture into the pasta mixture.
- Pour pasta-and-beef mixture into a 3-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
- Bake in preheated oven until the mozzarella cheese melts, 5 to 10 minutes.
Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com
Cheesy Barbecue Beef Rigatoni
Progresso Recipe Starters adds a wonderful flavor to this ground beef and pasta meal.
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or ziti pasta (9 oz)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- ½ cup sliced green onions (8 medium)
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- ½ cup barbecue sauce*
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook beef and green onions over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in pasta, cooking sauce and barbecue sauce. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe Source: BettyCrocker.com