The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Best Ever Pot Roast
The most delicious-tasting pot roast recipe! Once you try it, you won't make pot roast any other way again.
- 2-5 lb. pot roast
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- Potatoes and carrots (optional)
- 2-4 cups water
- Brown the roast on all sides in pressure cooker. Sprinkle all 3 seasoning envelopes on top.
- Add potatoes and carrots to pressure cooker. Pour in enough water to cover everything. Let cook at 10 lbs. of pressure for 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of the roast and the amount of potatoes and carrots you add. If you choose not to add potatoes and carrots with your roast, then 2 cups of water should be sufficient.
- Pot roast can be made in a crockpot instead of a pressure cooker if you prefer. Cook on low for 6-10 hours until meat is tender and veggies are cooked through.
This makes the most delicious pot roast I've ever tasted and the veggies absorb so much flavor from the seasoning mixes. The potatoes are to die for, in my opinion! We poured some of the sauce from the pot over the meat and veggies.
Photo Credit: stlbites / CC