The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Lemon-Grilled Tiger Shrimp on Risotto
This is a truly tasty treat from Down Under. The addition of chicken stock and vermouth infuses the risotto with a creamy richness that perfectly complements the tang of chives and lemon, and the richness of the shrimp.
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) risotto rice (vialone, arborio or carnaroli)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) vermouth OR dry white wine
- 12 large shrimp in the shell, split down the centre
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) shredded basil leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped chives
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- In another saucepan, heat half the oil and butter. Add the shallot and cook gently for 5 minutes, then add the rice and stir until well coated. Pour in the vermouth and stir until absorbed by the rice.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock. Keep stirring the simmering rice until the liquid is almost completely absorbed. Now add another ladleful of stock and continue cooking, adding more stock only when the previous liquid has been completely absorbed.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, the rice will be creamy and cooked but still slightly al dente.
- Preheat the broiler and place the shrimp on a baking sheet, shell side down. Season them with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Broil the shrimp just until they turn opaque, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the herbs, lemon zest and juice into the rice. Season with salt and pepper, then divide the risotto between 4 plates and top with the cooked shrimp.