The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Colossal Hero Sandwich
Just like your favorite deli version, this hero sandwich is delicious and filling.
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 2 c. romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 T. Italian salad dressing
- ¼ t. dried oregano
- ½ lb. sliced deli salami
- 6-oz. pkg. sliced provolone cheese
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ lb. sliced deli ham
- 7-oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 6 pepperoncini, sliced
- 2-1/4 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Slice loaf in half lengthwise. With a fork, carefully hollow out the center of bottom loaf half and reserve for another use. Fill hollow with lettuce.
- Combine dressing and oregano in a small bowl; mix well and drizzle over lettuce.
- Layer remaining ingredients over lettuce.
- Cover with top of loaf and slice into individual portions
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Autumn Recipes Cookbook
Easy French Dip Sandwiches
This slow-cooker French dip sandwich recipe will feed a small army, but it can easily be cut in half for smaller groups.
- 4 lbs. stew beef, cubed
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 10-1/2 oz. cans beef broth
- 4 c. water
- 4 t. beef bouillon granules
- 18 to 20 sandwich buns, split
- Combine all ingredients except buns in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Discard onions and garlic. Shred beef and spoon onto buns.
- Serve with beef juices from slow cooker for dipping.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Church Suppers Recipes Cookbook
Hawaiian Ham Sandwiches
These delightful little sandwiches are perfect for parties, bridal or baby showers. Or just whip them up for a family lunch as a change of pace.
- 24 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 lb. deli ham, sliced
- 2-6-oz. pkg. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 t. poppy seed
- ½ c. butter, melted
- 1-1/2 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 T. dried, minced onion
- 1-1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- Cut rolls in half; set tops aside.
- Place bottoms in a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan; they should just fit.
- Layer ham and cheese on top. Sprinkle with poppy seed; replace roll tops.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over top.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Simple Shortcut Recipes Cookbook
Pulled Pork with Root Beer Sauce
Root beer gives this slow cooked pork sandwich rich color and pleasant sweetness and makes it deliciously different from most other pulled pork sandwiches.
- 1 2-1/2 to 3 pound pork sirloin roast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup root beer*
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups root beer (two 12-ounce cans or bottles)*
- 1 cup bottled chili sauce
- ¼ teaspoon root beer concentrate (optional)
- Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 8 to 10 hamburger buns, split (and toasted, if desired)
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Tomato slices (optional)
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle meat with the salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil. Drain off fat. Transfer meat to cooker. Add onions, the 1 cup root beer, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan combine the 3 cups of root beer and the chili sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 2 cups. Add root beer concentrate and bottled hot pepper sauce, if desired.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board or serving platter. Using a slotted spoon, remove onions from cooking juices and place on serving platter. Discard juices. Using 2 forks, pull meat apart into shreds.
- To serve, line buns with lettuce leaves and tomato slices, if desired. Add meat and onions; spoon on sauce. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe Source: Recipe.com
Teriyaki Chicken Sub Sandwich
Slices of chicken breasts tossed in teriyaki sauce, provolone cheese, tomato, and lettuce drizzled with homemade sweet onion sauce make this a sandwich you won't soon forget.
- Sweet Onion Sauce:
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet or red onion (I use mostly red but also like it with
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. powdered milk
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 2 large chicken breasts
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- ½ c. shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 or more tbsp. sweet onion sauce
- To make the sweet onion sauce:
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- To make the sandwiches: Marinade the chicken breasts in the teriyaki sauce for 1 hour.
- Sauté the chicken breasts in a non stick pan on medium heat until done; about 15 minutes.
- Let the chicken cool and then slice thinly.
- Slice the hoagie roll lengthwise but do not separate.
- Place 2 slice provolone cheese on each roll, top with chicken slices, top with tomato slices and then the lettuce.
- Drizzle with sweet onion sauce; close sandwiches and serve.
This teriyaki chicken sandwich makes a delicious meal for lunch or dinner.
Recipe Source: Foodista.com