The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Slow Cooker Chicken And Biscuits
This slow cooker recipe for chicken and biscuits makes it easy to prepare, and it's a delicious meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 1½ to 2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves, cut in large chunks
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed cream of chicken or cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- Dash black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 6 frozen biscuits or refrigerator biscuits
- In a slow cooker, layer the chunks of uncooked chicken breasts with chopped onion and celery. Combine the soup and gravy with poultry seasoning, thyme, and pepper; pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add the thawed mixed vegetables, turn the slow cooker to HIGH, and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, bake the biscuits as directed on the package. Split a biscuit and spoon some of the chicken and vegetables over the bottom biscuit. Put the top half of the biscuit on the chicken and gravy.
Recipe Source: About.com
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Dinner
Roast beef dinner cooked in your slow cooker until you are ready to eat it! Perfect winter comfort food dish.
- 3-4 lbs. chuck roast (shoulder cut)
- 1½ c. red wine
- 7-8 large potatoes, peeled, cut in half, and washed
- 5-6 large carrots
- ¼ - ½ c. butter
- ⅓ c. flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¼ - ½ c. milk or half and half
- Season roast with salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and onion powder. Brown both sides in a hot pan with a few TBSP of oil.
- Cut up a large onion and put in bottom of the slow cooker. Place browned roast on top of onions.
- Deglaze pan with red wine. Simmer for 1 minute and pour over roast/onion in slow cooker.
- Place carrots around roast and potatoes on top of the carrots. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove potatoes and mash with milk, butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Keep warm.
- Remove liquid from slow cooker and bring to a simmer in a pan. Thicken with roux and serve over roast and mashed potatoes.
Southern Pulled Pork
This pulled pork gets its distinct southern flavor from Cajun seasoning and smoke flavoring. It makes a fantastic meal for your family or neighborhood barbecues.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 lbs. boneless pork roast
- 1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 c. water
- 1 tbsp. liquid smoke flavoring
- Cut the pork roast into large chunks. Season generously with the Cajun seasoning.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork, and brown on all sides. Remove from the skillet, and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes until tender. Stir in the water scraping the bottom to include all of the browned pork bits from the bottom of the pan, then pour the whole mixture into the slow cooker with the pork. Stir in liquid smoke flavoring.
- Cover, and cook on High for 6 hours, or until meat is falling apart when pierced with a fork.
- Remove pieces of pork from the slow cooker, and shred. Return to the slow cooker to keep warm while serving.
Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com
Crockpot Italian Chicken
This delightful chicken recipe has just 4 ingredients and it's cooked in the crockpot, so it couldn't be easier!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 packet Zesty Italian dressing seasoning
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- Mix all ingredients together in crockpot; cook on low for 4 hours.
- If sauce is too thick add a little milk until it reaches desired consistency.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
Recipe Source: Ziplist.com
To Die for Crock Pot Roast
True to its name, this roast beef is the best you've ever eaten. You'll never make roast another way again.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) beef roast, any kind
- 1 (1¼ ounce) package brown gravy mix, dry
- 1 (1¼ ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (1¼ ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry
- ½ cup water
- Place beef roast in crock pot.
- Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
- Pour the water around the roast.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Recipe Source: Food.com
Pulled Pork with Root Beer Sauce
Root beer gives this slow cooked pork sandwich rich color and pleasant sweetness and makes it deliciously different from most other pulled pork sandwiches.
- 1 2-1/2 to 3 pound pork sirloin roast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup root beer*
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups root beer (two 12-ounce cans or bottles)*
- 1 cup bottled chili sauce
- ¼ teaspoon root beer concentrate (optional)
- Several dashes bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 8 to 10 hamburger buns, split (and toasted, if desired)
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Tomato slices (optional)
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3-1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle meat with the salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet brown meat on all sides in hot oil. Drain off fat. Transfer meat to cooker. Add onions, the 1 cup root beer, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan combine the 3 cups of root beer and the chili sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 2 cups. Add root beer concentrate and bottled hot pepper sauce, if desired.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board or serving platter. Using a slotted spoon, remove onions from cooking juices and place on serving platter. Discard juices. Using 2 forks, pull meat apart into shreds.
- To serve, line buns with lettuce leaves and tomato slices, if desired. Add meat and onions; spoon on sauce. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe Source: Recipe.com