The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Mom’s Best Macaroni Salad
Mom's Best Macaroni Salad
This macaroni salad has the perfect blend of sweetness and tartness, and you may just find it's the best you've ever eaten.
- 16 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ c. white sugar
- ½ c. white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water, and drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together the carrots, red onion, green pepper, red pepper and celery. Mix in the mayonnaise, condensed milk, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add the macaroni and toss gently; cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
This recipe can be made a day ahead of time, stirring it occasionally to blend the flavors. The macaroni will absorb some of the liquid.
Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com