The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Colossal Hero Sandwich
Just like your favorite deli version, this hero sandwich is delicious and filling.
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 2 c. romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 T. Italian salad dressing
- ¼ t. dried oregano
- ½ lb. sliced deli salami
- 6-oz. pkg. sliced provolone cheese
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ lb. sliced deli ham
- 7-oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 6 pepperoncini, sliced
- 2-1/4 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Slice loaf in half lengthwise. With a fork, carefully hollow out the center of bottom loaf half and reserve for another use. Fill hollow with lettuce.
- Combine dressing and oregano in a small bowl; mix well and drizzle over lettuce.
- Layer remaining ingredients over lettuce.
- Cover with top of loaf and slice into individual portions
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Autumn Recipes Cookbook
Easy French Dip Sandwiches
This slow-cooker French dip sandwich recipe will feed a small army, but it can easily be cut in half for smaller groups.
- 4 lbs. stew beef, cubed
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 10-1/2 oz. cans beef broth
- 4 c. water
- 4 t. beef bouillon granules
- 18 to 20 sandwich buns, split
- Combine all ingredients except buns in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Discard onions and garlic. Shred beef and spoon onto buns.
- Serve with beef juices from slow cooker for dipping.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Church Suppers Recipes Cookbook
Tangy Summer Slaw
This lighter version of an old favorite is perfect for hot summer days when you don't want a heavy salad.
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 16-oz. bottle red wine vinegar & oil salad dressing
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. caraway seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss together vegetables in a large serving bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Toss before serving.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Hearty Recipes Cookbook
Cheesy Potato Puffs
Whether you serve these delightful potato puffs at your next party or just whip them up for a late night family snack, they're sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 4-oz. pkg. instant potato flakes
- ½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ c. bacon bits
- Optional: paprika
- Prepare potato flakes according to package directions; let cool.
- Stir in cheese; roll into 1-1/2 inch balls. Roll balls in bacon bits; arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Easy Entertaining Recipes Cookbook
Nachos for a Crowd
If you love nachos, you'll love this recipe! Make your next party or get-together special with this spicy treat.
- 13-1/2 oz. bag round tortilla chips
- 15-oz. can homestyle chili
- 8-oz. pkg. shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- ½ c. queso sauce
- 10-oz. pkg. shredded lettuce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ c. jalapeño pepper, sliced
- Optional: ½ c. sliced black olives, 4-oz. can diced green chiles
- Garnish: ½ c. sour cream, 1 tomato, diced, 2 T. dried chives
- Arrange chips on a large microwave-safe plate; set aside. Heat chili in a microwave-safe bowl on high setting for one minute; stir. Microwave for another minute; set aside. Sprinkle tortilla chips with cheese; microwave on high setting for 30 seconds. Spoon chili and queso sauce over cheese; sprinkle with lettuce, onion and peppers. Top with black olives and green chiles, if desired. Add a dollop of sour cream; sprinkle with tomato and chives.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Christmas Recipes Cookbook
Triple Chocolate Cake
This easy chocolate cake is made in your slow cooker - no muss, no fuss!
- 18-1/2 oz. pkg. chocolate cake mix
- 8-oz. container sour cream
- 3.9-oz. pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
- 12-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ c. oil
- 1 c. water
- Garnish: vanilla ice cream
- Place all ingredients except ice cream in a slow cooker; mix well. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve warm, garnished with scoops of ice cream.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook