The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Amish Macaroni Salad
This is the best macaroni salad ever, and always a favorite in my house.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 cups creamy salad dressing (i.e. Miracle Whip)
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon celery seed
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, onion, celery, red pepper, and relish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, mustard, white sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed. Pour over the vegetables, and stir in macaroni until well blended.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com