The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Nachos for a Crowd
If you love nachos, you'll love this recipe! Make your next party or get-together special with this spicy treat.
- 13-1/2 oz. bag round tortilla chips
- 15-oz. can homestyle chili
- 8-oz. pkg. shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- ½ c. queso sauce
- 10-oz. pkg. shredded lettuce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ c. jalapeño pepper, sliced
- Optional: ½ c. sliced black olives, 4-oz. can diced green chiles
- Garnish: ½ c. sour cream, 1 tomato, diced, 2 T. dried chives
- Arrange chips on a large microwave-safe plate; set aside. Heat chili in a microwave-safe bowl on high setting for one minute; stir. Microwave for another minute; set aside. Sprinkle tortilla chips with cheese; microwave on high setting for 30 seconds. Spoon chili and queso sauce over cheese; sprinkle with lettuce, onion and peppers. Top with black olives and green chiles, if desired. Add a dollop of sour cream; sprinkle with tomato and chives.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Christmas Recipes Cookbook
Creamy BLT Dip
A wonderfully different dip for your next party or get-together!
- 1 lb. bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. sour cream
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Optional: chopped fresh chives
- Blend together bacon, mayonnaise and sour cream; chill.
- Stir in tomatoes just before serving; sprinkle with chives, if desired.
- Makes 2-1/2 cups.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Homestyle Favorites Cookbook
7 Layer Mexican Dip
This easy to make dip recipe is an all time favorite at potlucks and group get-togethers. In fact, it's so well-liked that you might need to make a double batch!
- 16-oz. can refried beans
- 2 c. sour cream
- 1-1/4 oz. pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, diced
- ¼ c. black olives, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- tortilla chips
- Spread beans in the bottom of a 10" round or square clear glass dish; set aside.
- Combine sour cream and seasoning mix; spread over beans.
- Mix avocados, lemon juice and garlic; layer over sour cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese; top with onions, olives and tomato.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Hot 'n Spicy Chicken Wings
A fabulous appetizer or party food, these hot and spicy chicken wings are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 5 lbs. bag chicken wings (drumettes)
- 12 fl. oz. Louisana Pure Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1-2 sticks butter
- Fry chicken wings until golden brown, then drain on paper towel.
- Melt butter. Mix hot sauce and melted butter and pour into deep pan or crock pot. Add chicken wings to sauce and heat thoroughly.
If you can’t find Louisana Pure Crystal Hot Sauce at your local grocery store you can order it from Amazon here
Recipe Source: 300 Chicken Recipes Cookbook
Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Shrimp
An easy to make recipe for shrimp wrapped in bacon, then baked in teriyaki sauce.
- 20 slices bacon
- 2 pounds shrimp
- 10 ounces teriyaki sauce
- Cut bacon slices in half. Wrap bacon around each shrimp. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour teriyaki sauce over shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Bake at 400 degrees uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
I think this would make a wonderful appetizer or a main dish.
Recipe Source: Foodista.com
Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
A great appetizer or party food, these stuffed jalapeno peppers are delicious!
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, cut part way through, and with stems, seeds and membranes removed
- ½ lb. ham slices, chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1½ c. grated Cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. cayenne (or less, to taste)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 8 tsp. Essence seasoning
- 1 c. fine dry bread crumbs
- ½ c. flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, cumin, and cayenne. Add the chopped ham and mix well.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, and 2 teaspoons of the Essence seasoning.
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and remaining 4 teaspoons of Essence seasoning
- In a third dish, combine the flour and remaining 2 teaspoons of Essence seasoning.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture into the middle of each jalapeno half.
- One at a time, dredge in the flour, dip into the egg mixture, then dredge in the bread crumbs, pressing to coat. If necessary, repeat the process.
- Place the coated peppers on baking sheet and bake until the filling is runny and the crust is golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
The original recipe calls for cooked ground sausage instead of ham, so you can use that if you choose.
If you can’t find Essence seasoning in your local grocery store, you can order from Amazon here
Recipe adapted from: Foodista.com