The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Harvest Apple Cheesecake
Cheesecake is a favorite dessert at many family gatherings, and this apple cheesecake is a delicious twist to an old favorite.
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ c. brown sugar, packed
- ½ c. butter, melted and divided
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 3 apples, cored, peeled and sliced into 12 rings
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ c. sugar
- 8-oz. container ricotta cheese
- 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 8-oz. container whipping cream
- Garnish: cinnamon
- Combine cracker crumbs, brown sugar, ¼ cup butter and cinnamon. Press onto bottom and partway up sides of an ungreased 9" springform pan.
- In a skillet, sauté apple slices on both sides in remaining butter. Arrange 6 apple slices on prepared crust.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, ricotta cheese, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Add whipping cream and blend well. Pour cheese mixture into pan.
- Arrange remaining apple slices on top and press apples slightly under the mixture. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool and refrigerate overnight.
Apple Stuffed Pork Loin Roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 2 cups thick-cut white bread cubes, crusts removed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- ½ to 1 cup chicken broth, plus more if needed
- 1 (3 pound) pork loin roast, butterflied
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, apples and sage. Saute until softened.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in the bread, egg, butter and salt and pepper. Add the chicken broth gradually until everything is moistened. Let the stuffing mixture cool completely before putting it in the pork loin.
- Spoon the stuffing down the pork, horizontally, in a line. Roll the pork over the stuffing, jelly roll style, ending with the seam down and fat side up. Lightly score the fat, in a diamond pattern, with a sharp knife. Tightly tie the pork roast up with butcher's twine, season it with more salt and pepper, and transfer to a roasting pan.
- Roast the pork in a preheated oven for about 90 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with apples and fresh herbs.
Recipe Source: Food Network.com