The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Beer Butt Chicken
This recipe may sound crazy, but believe it or not, this is one of the best-tasting ways to cook chicken. It comes out so moist!
- 1 whole chicken (4 lbs.)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Your favorite Beer Can Chicken Rub
- 1 can beer
- First, open the beer and take a big swig. 🙂
- Discard neck and giblets from chicken. Rinse chicken well and pat dry with paper towels, both inside and outside.
- Take another large drink of beer. 🙂
- Rub chicken lightly with oil, then with beer can chicken rub. Set aside.
- Drink more beer until the can is half full. 🙂
- Place the half-full beer can on a solid surface. Grab a chicken leg with each hand and place the bird cavity over the beer can. Carefully transfer the bird on the can to the center of your grill, balancing the chicken on both of its legs and the can tripod-fashion.
- Put the cover on the grill and cook the chicken over medium-high indirect heat (with NO charcoal or burner directly underneath the bird) for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F in the breast area and 180 degrees F in the thigh, or until thigh juice is clear when poked with a sharp knife.
- Remove from grill; let chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.
We placed the birds in an aluminum roasting pan on the grill. This might make it take a few minutes longer to cook through, but it keeps the direct heat off of the bird.
If you can’t find Beer Can Chicken Rub in your local grocery store, you can order it from Amazon here