The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
Cheesy cheddar garlic drop biscuits that rival any major seafood chain's biscuits! Made from scratch. Control the ingredients, control the flavor.
- 2½ c. bread flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1½ c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ c. sour cream
- 1¼ c. milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. parsley
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Put flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder into a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the softened butter and cut into flour mixture with a pastry blender, two forks, or your hands. Leave some lumps!
- Add in sour cream, cheddar cheese, and milk. Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened. Don't overmix!
- Melt 1 stick of butter and add 1 tsp garlic powder, parsley, and salt. Place spoonfuls of dough mixture onto a prepped baking sheet with sides. Spoon ½ of melted butter mixture over biscuits.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Pull them out when the biscuits are golden brown. Spoon the rest of the butter mixture over the baked biscuits.