The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
Cheesy cheddar garlic drop biscuits that rival any major seafood chain's biscuits! Made from scratch. Control the ingredients, control the flavor.
- 2½ c. bread flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1½ c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ c. sour cream
- 1¼ c. milk
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. parsley
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Put flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder into a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Add the softened butter and cut into flour mixture with a pastry blender, two forks, or your hands. Leave some lumps!
- Add in sour cream, cheddar cheese, and milk. Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened. Don't overmix!
- Melt 1 stick of butter and add 1 tsp garlic powder, parsley, and salt. Place spoonfuls of dough mixture onto a prepped baking sheet with sides. Spoon ½ of melted butter mixture over biscuits.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Pull them out when the biscuits are golden brown. Spoon the rest of the butter mixture over the baked biscuits.