The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Blueberry 'n' Cheese Coffee Cake
This delightfully sinful coffee cake is perfect for Sunday brunch or dessert anytime. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a special treat.
- ½ c. plus 2 T. butter, softened and divided
- 1-3/4 c. sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- ¾ c. milk
- ¼ c. water
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 2 T. lemon zest
- Beat ½ c. butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy; gradually add 1-1/4 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at time, beating after each addition.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; stir well.
- Combine milk and water; stir well.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Gently stir in blue berries and cream cheese.
- Pour batter into a greased 9”x9” baking pan.
- Combine ½ c. flour, ½ c. sugar, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons butter, stir well with a fork. Sprinkle mixture over batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Best-Loved Baking Recipes Cookbook