The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Upside-Down Pizza Casserole
Love the savory flavors of pizza but don't want to order delivery? This hearty Upside-Down Pizza Casserole is a great way to satisfy your craving without picking up the phone OR making a traditional crust. It's easy enough for a weeknight and kids love it.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 c. green pepper, chopped
- 15-oz. can pizza sauce
- ½ c. sliced pepperoni, chopped
- ½ t. Italian seasoning
- 6-oz. pkg. thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. milk
- 1 T. oil
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown beef, onion and green pepper; drain. Stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni and seasoning; simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture into a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Place mozzarella cheese slices over hot beef mixture.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and oil; whisk for one minute. Stir in flour salt and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Pour batter over mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, until puffed and golden.
You can easily tweak the ingredients to include your family's favorites... add mushrooms and olives, leave out the peppers and onions, or tailor it however you like.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Weeknight Dinners Cookbook
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Forget plain old potatoes! This potato casserole is easy to make and your family will love it.
- 5 to 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ c. milk
- 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 8-oz. container sour cream
- 2 t. dried parsley
- 1 t. garlic salt
- ¼ t. nutmeg
- ¾ c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Cover potatoes with water in a large saucepan; bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Drain well. Mash until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, beat together all ingredients except Cheddar cheese and bacon until smooth and creamy. Spoon into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Autumn Recipes Cookbook
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Put a delicious spin on dinner with these flavorful twice baked potatoes.
- 6 lg. potatoes
- 1-1/4 t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- ¼ c. butter
- 1 c. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 c. hot milk
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ c. sour cream
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- chopped green onions
- Scrub potatoes, pierce skins and bake at 425 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Cut potatoes and scoop out pulp; mash. Add salt, pepper, butter, and cheese; beat well. Add hot milk and beat until fluffy and cheese is melted. Stir in green onions and sour cream; blend.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Spoon potatoes into an 11”x7” baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions; bake 15 minutes.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch In the Kitchen with Family & Friends Cookbook
Casserole Ala Carte
The basis of this easy-to-whip-up casserole is macaroni and cheese - a favorite with almost everyone. It's really versatile - you can use almost any kind of meat in it - and it's great for using up leftover meats.
- 1 package macaroni and cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom, cream of chicken or cream of celery soup
- ¾ c. milk
- ½ stick butter or margarine
- One of the following:
- 1 c. cooked chicken, cut in bite-size pieces
- ½ lb. hot dogs, sliced
- 1 can tuna, drained
- ½ lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup ham cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook macaroni and cheese as directed on the package, but use ¾ cup milk.
- Stir in soup until well blended.
- Add meat and mix well.
- Place in 1½ quart casserole dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
I made this using chicken, which you can't really see in the picture, and cream of chicken soup. My other favorite combination is chicken or ham and cream of celery soup.
Green Bean Casserole
Easy to make and delicious to eat, this green bean casserole is a "must have" at holiday gathering in my house.
- 2 cans green beans, regular cut or french-style
- 1 can cram of mushroom soup
- 1 can French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drain liquid from green beans. Spread one can of green beans in bottom of a loaf pan or casserole dish.
- Spread half of the cream of mushroom soup over the green beans. Top with half of the French friend onions. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until soup is bubbling.
Sometimes I use crushed potato chips in place of the French friend onions, and it's just as tasty.
Fantastic Taco Casserole
A quick and easy recipe that's sure to please your family. Served with a side salad, you've got a well balanced and delicious meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1¼ ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, divided (or mixed cheddar, jack etc.)
- 1 cup salsa (I prefer mild, but if you would like to kick it up a notch, go for it)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (2⅓ ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips (coarsely crushed or chopped)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Brown ground beef; drain fat. Add taco seasoning and the amount of water called for on the package. Cook according to package directions.
- Heat the refried beans on stove until hot. Add 1 cup cheese and 1 cup salsa. Stir until combined.
- Line bottom of 8x8" dish with crushed corn chips. Pour bean mixture over corn chips.
- Spoon beef on top of beans. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Sprinkle green onions and black olives over cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is well melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped tomatoes on top. Serve with a dollop of sour cream if you'd like.
Recipe adapted from Food.com.