The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Baked Cheddar Chicken
This chicken is different than any other that you’ve eaten. My family can’t get enough of it!
- 4 large chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup of crushed cheese-its
- 1 cup of crushed saltines
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 TBSP salted butter
- 3 TBSP flour
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste.
- 1 tsp parsley
- ¼ tsp sage
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tsp condensed chicken base
- 2-3 TBSP Marsala wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Coat chicken in egg wash, dip into cheese and press cheese onto chicken. Move carefully to the bread crumb/cracker mixture and coat with crumbs. Place in prepared baking pan. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- While chicken is baking, prepare sauce by melted butter in a large pan. Add the flour and whisk to eliminate any lumps. Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste. Add 1 tsp dried parsley and ¼ tsp sage.
- Add hot water, condensed chicken base, and Marsala to the sauce pan and cook until mixture is thickened. Add the heavy cream and sour cream and stir to combine.
Blueberry 'n' Cheese Coffee Cake
This delightfully sinful coffee cake is perfect for Sunday brunch or dessert anytime. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a special treat.
- ½ c. plus 2 T. butter, softened and divided
- 1-3/4 c. sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- ¾ c. milk
- ¼ c. water
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 2 T. lemon zest
- Beat ½ c. butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy; gradually add 1-1/4 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at time, beating after each addition.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; stir well.
- Combine milk and water; stir well.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Gently stir in blue berries and cream cheese.
- Pour batter into a greased 9”x9” baking pan.
- Combine ½ c. flour, ½ c. sugar, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons butter, stir well with a fork. Sprinkle mixture over batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Best-Loved Baking Recipes Cookbook
Bubbly Cheese Garlic Bread
This easy, cheesy garlic bread makes a delicious appetizer, or enjoy it as part of your dinner when you serve your favorite pasta dish.
- ½ c. butter, softened
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ to 1 c. creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1 loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar, mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 t. dried parsley
- Blend butter, garlic and salad dressing together in a small bowl.
- Place bread on a baking sheet, cut-side up. Spread butter mixture over both halves.
- Top with shredded cheese and parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 10 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice each half into 8 pieces; serve warm.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Weeknight Dinners Cookbook
Cheesy Barbecue Beef Rigatoni
Progresso Recipe Starters adds a wonderful flavor to this ground beef and pasta meal.
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or ziti pasta (9 oz)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- ½ cup sliced green onions (8 medium)
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy three cheese cooking sauce
- ½ cup barbecue sauce*
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook beef and green onions over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in pasta, cooking sauce and barbecue sauce. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe Source: BettyCrocker.com