The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Cheesy Potato Puffs
Whether you serve these delightful potato puffs at your next party or just whip them up for a late night family snack, they're sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 4-oz. pkg. instant potato flakes
- ½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ c. bacon bits
- Optional: paprika
- Prepare potato flakes according to package directions; let cool.
- Stir in cheese; roll into 1-1/2 inch balls. Roll balls in bacon bits; arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Easy Entertaining Recipes Cookbook
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
These cheesy scalloped potatoes are incredibly simple to throw together, and then just bake & eat. Very easy.
- ⅓ cup butter + 1 TBSP butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- a few shakes pepper
- 1 tsp A-1 steak sauce
- 6-7 medium sized potatoes potatoes
- 3-4 cups cheddar & colby jack cheese
- Melt butter. Add flour and stir while cooking over low heat until golden brown. Add milk. Stir until thickened. If necessary, add more milk. Add dry mustard, A-1, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Reduce heat to low.
- Peel and slice potatoes into thin, even ovals. Lay into a greased or pammed 10×13 pan. Pour sauce over potatoes. You may not need it all. Reserve extra for mac-n-cheese tomorrow. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and everything is melted and delicious.