The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Slow Cooker Chicken And Biscuits
This slow cooker recipe for chicken and biscuits makes it easy to prepare, and it's a delicious meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 1½ to 2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves, cut in large chunks
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed cream of chicken or cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- Dash black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 6 frozen biscuits or refrigerator biscuits
- In a slow cooker, layer the chunks of uncooked chicken breasts with chopped onion and celery. Combine the soup and gravy with poultry seasoning, thyme, and pepper; pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add the thawed mixed vegetables, turn the slow cooker to HIGH, and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, bake the biscuits as directed on the package. Split a biscuit and spoon some of the chicken and vegetables over the bottom biscuit. Put the top half of the biscuit on the chicken and gravy.
Recipe Source: About.com
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Chicken Taco Salad
This chicken taco salad makes a wonderful lunch or light dinner.
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 c. cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1-1/4 oz. pkg. taco seasoning mix
- ¾ c. water
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 15-1/2 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ c. green onion, sliced
- 15-1/4 oz. can corn, drained
- 2-1/4 oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
- Garnish: sour cream, salsa
- Microwave tortillas on high setting for one minute, or until softened. Press each tortilla into an ungreased jumbo muffin cup to form a bowl shape. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes; cool.
- Combine chicken, taco seasoning and water in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until blended, about 5 minutes.
- Divide lettuce among tortilla bowls. Top with chicken and other ingredients, garnishing with a dollop of sour cream and salsa.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Home-Style Favorites Cookbook
This quick and easy chicken stir fry is loaded with vegetables. Try adding bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, snap peas, or any other favorite vegetables.
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups water
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and corn starch in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Mix ginger, garlic, and red pepper into sauce; coat chicken with marinade and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir bell pepper, water chestnuts, broccoli, carrots, and onion until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving liquid. Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken until slightly pink on the inside, about 2 minutes per side; return vegetables and reserved marinade to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until chicken is longer pink in the middle and vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve over rice.
Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com
Juicy Chicken Breasts With Panko Breading
Delicious, golden brown panko breaded chicken breasts are a perfect weeknight meal that is good enough for company, but easy enough for anyone.
- 3 Chicken breasts
- ¾ - 1 cup Cooking oil
- 1 cup, divided Flour
- ⅔ cup Panko unseasoned bread crumbs
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Seasoning salt, Lawry's
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp Onion powder
- 1 large Egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Place chicken breasts, one at a time, into a plastic bag. Flatten using a rolling pin or meat hammer until they are uniformly ½ - ¾ inch thick. Repeat until each breast is pounded out. Cut breasts into palm-sized pieces.
- Mix together ½ cup flour, panko, salt, garlic powder, seasoning salt, cayenne, and onion powder. Set aside. In separate bowl, mix egg and milk. In another bowl, place ½ cup flour with a few shakes of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Using a fork, dunk each piece of chicken first in the flour, then into the egg wash, and finally coat with the panko mixture. Make sure in each step the breast is coated completely. Fry over medium to medium high heat in preheated oil until golden brown on both sides and inside is no longer pink, approximately 6-7 minutes depending on your stove.
- Remove from oil and let sit for 3-4 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
Baked Cheddar Chicken
This chicken is different than any other that you’ve eaten. My family can’t get enough of it!
- 4 large chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup of crushed cheese-its
- 1 cup of crushed saltines
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 TBSP salted butter
- 3 TBSP flour
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste.
- 1 tsp parsley
- ¼ tsp sage
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tsp condensed chicken base
- 2-3 TBSP Marsala wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Coat chicken in egg wash, dip into cheese and press cheese onto chicken. Move carefully to the bread crumb/cracker mixture and coat with crumbs. Place in prepared baking pan. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- While chicken is baking, prepare sauce by melted butter in a large pan. Add the flour and whisk to eliminate any lumps. Cook over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste. Add 1 tsp dried parsley and ¼ tsp sage.
- Add hot water, condensed chicken base, and Marsala to the sauce pan and cook until mixture is thickened. Add the heavy cream and sour cream and stir to combine.
Country Barbecued Chicken
This delicious barbecued chicken takes just minutes to cook on the grill, and it's easy enough to whip up a double batch for large gatherings.
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Brush chicken with butter. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting and turning often.
Recipe Source: TasteOfHome.com