The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Dinner
Roast beef dinner cooked in your slow cooker until you are ready to eat it! Perfect winter comfort food dish.
- 3-4 lbs. chuck roast (shoulder cut)
- 1½ c. red wine
- 7-8 large potatoes, peeled, cut in half, and washed
- 5-6 large carrots
- ¼ - ½ c. butter
- ⅓ c. flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¼ - ½ c. milk or half and half
- Season roast with salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and onion powder. Brown both sides in a hot pan with a few TBSP of oil.
- Cut up a large onion and put in bottom of the slow cooker. Place browned roast on top of onions.
- Deglaze pan with red wine. Simmer for 1 minute and pour over roast/onion in slow cooker.
- Place carrots around roast and potatoes on top of the carrots. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove potatoes and mash with milk, butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Keep warm.
- Remove liquid from slow cooker and bring to a simmer in a pan. Thicken with roux and serve over roast and mashed potatoes.