The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Roll-ups
This chicken cordon bleu recipe is easy to make and delicious to devour.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse or Dijon mustard
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 chicken cutlets, ¼-inch thick
- 4 slices deli ham (sliced on the thick side)
- 4 slices deli Swiss cheese (sliced on the thick side)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a large roasting pan.
- Set up a dredging station by whisking the egg, milk and mustard together in a shallow dish, season with salt and pepper. In a second wide, shallow dish combine both bread crumbs and flour together.
- Season the chicken cutlets lightly on each side with salt and pepper. Place a slice each of swiss and ham (trim to fit the cutlet, if needed) over top and roll up beginning from the smallest end of the chicken. Secure with a toothpick or two.
- Repeat until they are all rolled up. Dredge one at a time by dipping into the egg and then into the bread crumbs using your hands to pat the crumbs on. Set in roasting pan and repeat until all are covered with crumbs.
- Bake about 25 minutes, depending on the thickness/size of your cutlets (internal temp should reach 165-175 degrees F). Remove from oven and allow to set 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe Source: CinnamonSpiceAndEverythingNice.com