The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Easy Crab Cakes
Canned crabmeat makes these delicate patties simple enough for busy weeknight dinners.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, ⅓ cup bread crumbs, egg, onions, red pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-in. balls. Roll in remaining bread crumbs. Flatten to ½-in. thickness.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook crab cakes in butter for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Recipe Source: TasteOfHome.com