The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Harvest Apple Cheesecake
Cheesecake is a favorite dessert at many family gatherings, and this apple cheesecake is a delicious twist to an old favorite.
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ c. brown sugar, packed
- ½ c. butter, melted and divided
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 3 apples, cored, peeled and sliced into 12 rings
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ c. sugar
- 8-oz. container ricotta cheese
- 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 8-oz. container whipping cream
- Garnish: cinnamon
- Combine cracker crumbs, brown sugar, ¼ cup butter and cinnamon. Press onto bottom and partway up sides of an ungreased 9" springform pan.
- In a skillet, sauté apple slices on both sides in remaining butter. Arrange 6 apple slices on prepared crust.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, ricotta cheese, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Add whipping cream and blend well. Pour cheese mixture into pan.
- Arrange remaining apple slices on top and press apples slightly under the mixture. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool and refrigerate overnight.
Blueberry 'n' Cheese Coffee Cake
This delightfully sinful coffee cake is perfect for Sunday brunch or dessert anytime. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a special treat.
- ½ c. plus 2 T. butter, softened and divided
- 1-3/4 c. sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- ¾ c. milk
- ¼ c. water
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- 2 T. lemon zest
- Beat ½ c. butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy; gradually add 1-1/4 cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at time, beating after each addition.
- Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; stir well.
- Combine milk and water; stir well.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Gently stir in blue berries and cream cheese.
- Pour batter into a greased 9”x9” baking pan.
- Combine ½ c. flour, ½ c. sugar, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons butter, stir well with a fork. Sprinkle mixture over batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Best-Loved Baking Recipes Cookbook
- 1½ c. sugar, divided
- 6 eggs
- 3 c. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook and stir ¾ cup sugar over low heat until sugar is melted and golden. Pour into eight 6-oz. custard cups, tilting to coat bottom of cup; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining sugar until combined but not foamy. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place the cups in two 8-in. square baking pans. Pour boiling water in pans to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.
- To unmold, run a knife around rim of cup and invert onto dessert place. Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe Source: TasteOfHome.com
This light summer dessert is great for cookouts or other get-togethers where there are large groups of people. But don't expect to take any leftovers home. 🙂
- 1 Angel Food cake (10"), cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Box vanilla pudding mix (6 serving size)
- 2 c. strawberries, sliced
- 1 c. blueberries
- 1 tub Cool Whip (8 oz.), thawed
- Line bottom of trifle bowl with ⅓ of the cake cubes. Spread ⅓ of the pudding over cake. Top with ⅓ of the fruits, then ⅓ of the Cool Whip.
- Repeat the layers twice. Top the final layer of Cool Whip with more fruit for garnish, if you'd like.
Instead of buying a pre-made cake at the store, we used an Angel Food cake mix. I had never baked an Angel Food cake before, and I decided I won't buy one again. It's a very touchy cake to bake. I'll definitely buy a cake that's already made next time. It would be so much easier.
Simply Sensational Strawberry Shortcake
This tender shortcake layered with juicy strawberries, a mixture of vanilla pudding and whipped topping is a dessert your family will ask for over and over again.
- 1¼ c. milk, divided
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2¼ c. all-purpose baking mix for biscuits
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) vanilla flavor instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 4 c. sliced strawberries
- ⅓ c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Beat ½ cup of the milk, the sour cream and 3 Tbsp. sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in baking mix until just moistened.
- Spread evenly into greased 9-inch round cake pan. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until top is golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
- Add remaining ¾ cup milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in half of the whipped topping.
- Toss strawberries with ⅓ cup sugar; set aside.
- Cut cake horizontally in half to make two layers.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving plate; top with half of the strawberry mixture. Spread with pudding mixture; cover with top cake layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping; top with remaining strawberry mixture.
- Serve immediately. Store any leftover shortcake in refrigerator.
Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com