The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Fried Potatoes and Bacon
- 4 -5 medium potatoes
- 6 slices thick bacon
- 2-3 tbsp. butter
- ¼ c. chopped onion
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Place in a pot with water and salt. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to prevent boiling over, and continue to boil for 20-30 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cut bacon into small pieces. Add bacon and chopped onion to a 12" frying pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Fry for 5-7 minutes, letting bacon grease accumulate.
- Drain cooked potatoes and add to frying pan and stir mixture together. (It's okay if the potatoes break up a bit.) Add another tablespoon of butter and stir.
- Turn heat to medium-high and cover so potatoes can brown. Stir every few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, and add more butter if necessary.
- Continue to fry for about 15 minutes or until most potatoes are browned to your liking.