The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Italian Pasta Salad
No summer get-together is complete without pasta salad and this one is a favorite.
- 1 lb. Pasta (small shells or rotini work well)
- 1 c. sliced black olives
- ½ c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 c. chopped broccoli
- 1 c. mini pepperoni
- ½ packet dry Zesty Italian Dressing mix
- ½ bottle Italian Dressing
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine other ingredients with pasta and mix well.
Restaurant Style Spaghetti Sauce
This delicious spaghetti sauce is flavored with red wine, Italian sausage, garlic and onions. It's quick and easy to make, and your family will love it.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can roma tomatoes (crushed or diced)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup Merlot wine
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until tender and fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and wine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in sausage and simmer until sausage is thoroughly cooked.
- Server over hot cooked spaghetti or your favorite pasta.
You can substitute lean ground beef or ground turkey for a healthier version of this sauce.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com
This delightful pasta carbonara is quick and easy to make, so you can whip it up any night of the week.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 8 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 can cut green beans, drained
- ¾ c. half-and-half cream
- ⅓ c. butter, cubed
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
- Brown mushrooms in drippings; remove to paper towels. Drain drippings from pan.
- Add the cream, butter, parsley, garlic and salt to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
- Drain mostaccioli and add to cream mixture. Stir in the bacon, mushrooms, green beans and cheese; heat through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onions.
Recipe adapted from: Taste Of Home
This chicken parmesan recipe is easy to make and your family will love it.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1½ cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 32 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip chicken in beaten eggs, then coat well with bread crumbs. (Shaking them in plastic zipper bag works well.)
- Place chicken in a 13" X 9" baking dish, and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken, then top with cheeses. Bake 10 minutes more, or until chicken reaches 170 degrees on meat thermometer and is no longer pink inside.
- Serve with spaghetti or other pasta. Add a green salad and garlic bread for a complete quick and easy meal.
Photo Credit: TwoHungryDudes / CC