The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Casserole Ala Carte
The basis of this easy-to-whip-up casserole is macaroni and cheese - a favorite with almost everyone. It's really versatile - you can use almost any kind of meat in it - and it's great for using up leftover meats.
- 1 package macaroni and cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom, cream of chicken or cream of celery soup
- ¾ c. milk
- ½ stick butter or margarine
- One of the following:
- 1 c. cooked chicken, cut in bite-size pieces
- ½ lb. hot dogs, sliced
- 1 can tuna, drained
- ½ lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 cup ham cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook macaroni and cheese as directed on the package, but use ¾ cup milk.
- Stir in soup until well blended.
- Add meat and mix well.
- Place in 1½ quart casserole dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
I made this using chicken, which you can't really see in the picture, and cream of chicken soup. My other favorite combination is chicken or ham and cream of celery soup.