The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Chicken Marsala On Toast
This is a delicious chicken Marsala recipe. The sauce is really flavorful and the chicken is moist. Serving it on toast topped with cheese is a wonderful twist!
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. sliced white mushrooms
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- 2 slices Texas toast bread
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken breasts. They should be about half way cooked through and will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and the mushrooms to the pan. Gently sauté mushrooms for about 5 minutes, adding in the salt and pepper. Move mushrooms to the outer edge of the pan.
- Place the minced shallot in the cleared section in the center of the pan. Sauté for 2 -3 minutes, eventually mixing with the mushrooms. Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and shallots and sauté for 3-5 minutes to remove any starch.
- Add the Marsala wine and reduce the sauce by heating for 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens to a molasses consistency. Immediately add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Further reduce the liquid for about 5 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts in the sauce, turn heat down to low and cook 5 minutes on each side until cooked. Add the parsley and 1 teaspoon of butter to the sauce.
- Place chicken breasts on toasted Texas bread. Spoon some of the Marsala sauce over the chicken, then top with slice of cheese. Place in microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese.
- Serve with a side salad if you choose.
Recipe adapted from ChickenMarsala.net
Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
Flavored with Marsala wine, this chicken dish is highly popular at Olive Garden Restaurants. Now you can make it yourself at home.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- ½ cup flour
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Dried oregano to taste
- 4 Tbsp oil
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- Pound chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap until they're about ¼" thick.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned. Turn breasts over to cook other side, then add mushrooms to skillet.
- Cook breasts about 2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned. Continue to stir mushrooms. Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Recipe Source:Olive Garden