The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Pork Chops with Caramelized Onion and Dijon Cream Sauce
Slow cooked pork chops pair nicely with a Dijon cream sauce for a tasty twist to your usual pork chop routine.
- 3-4 TBSP Vegetable oil
- 6-8 Center Cut Pork Chops
- 2-3 cups Onions, thinly sliced
- 1.5 TBSP Garlic, diced
- 1.5 tsp Dry Mustard
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 TBSP Flour
- 2 TBSP Cider Vinegar
- ¾ Cup White Wine
- 2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- Season trimmed center-cut chops well with salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion powder, and Lawry's Seasoning salt. Heat 2 TBSP of vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Brown chops well on both sides and remove to slow cooker.
- Thinly slice 2 large onions and place into pan with an additional 1 TBSP of oil. Add in 1.5 tsp of dry mustard, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, and ¼ tsp cayenne pepper. Stir well and cook over medium-low heat until onions are cooked, caramelized, and developed in color.
- Add to skillet 1.5 TBSP of minced garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add 3 TBSP of flour. Stir until well combined and cook 2 minutes. Add ¾ cup of white wine and 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar. Cook until thickened and pour over chops in slow cooker.
- Cook 6-7 hours on medium, or 4-5 hours on high. Check approximately 1 hour before end of cook time as total cooking time will depend on your particular model of slow cooker.
- When chops are fork tender remove from cooker. Add in 2 TBSP Dijon mustard and ½ cup heavy cream. Stir well and pour over chops on serving plate.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes or egg noodles.