The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Forget plain old potatoes! This potato casserole is easy to make and your family will love it.
- 5 to 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ c. milk
- 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 8-oz. container sour cream
- 2 t. dried parsley
- 1 t. garlic salt
- ¼ t. nutmeg
- ¾ c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Cover potatoes with water in a large saucepan; bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Drain well. Mash until light and fluffy.
- In a large bowl, beat together all ingredients except Cheddar cheese and bacon until smooth and creamy. Spoon into a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan; sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Autumn Recipes Cookbook
Cheesy Potato Puffs
Whether you serve these delightful potato puffs at your next party or just whip them up for a late night family snack, they're sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 4-oz. pkg. instant potato flakes
- ½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ c. bacon bits
- Optional: paprika
- Prepare potato flakes according to package directions; let cool.
- Stir in cheese; roll into 1-1/2 inch balls. Roll balls in bacon bits; arrange on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Easy Entertaining Recipes Cookbook
Old School Sweet Potato Souffle
This sweet potato soufflé makes a tasty treat for Thanksgiving dinner or any time you want something out of the ordinary.
- Butter, for casserole
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted, salted cashews
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of cold, salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander in the sink.
- Mash the potatoes in a large bowl. Add the evaporated milk, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, beaten eggs, salt and pepper, to taste. Mix together until smooth. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss together the cashews, marshmallows, and coconut. Remove the casserole dish from oven and top with the cashew mixture. Bake until the marshmallows are lightly toasted, about 5 to 10 more minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe Source: FoodNetwork.com