The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
These cheesy scalloped potatoes are incredibly simple to throw together, and then just bake & eat. Very easy.
- ⅓ cup butter + 1 TBSP butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- a few shakes pepper
- 1 tsp A-1 steak sauce
- 6-7 medium sized potatoes potatoes
- 3-4 cups cheddar & colby jack cheese
- Melt butter. Add flour and stir while cooking over low heat until golden brown. Add milk. Stir until thickened. If necessary, add more milk. Add dry mustard, A-1, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Reduce heat to low.
- Peel and slice potatoes into thin, even ovals. Lay into a greased or pammed 10×13 pan. Pour sauce over potatoes. You may not need it all. Reserve extra for mac-n-cheese tomorrow. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and everything is melted and delicious.
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Put a delicious spin on dinner with these flavorful twice baked potatoes.
- 6 lg. potatoes
- 1-1/4 t. salt
- ¼ t. pepper
- ¼ c. butter
- 1 c. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 c. hot milk
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ c. sour cream
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- chopped green onions
- Scrub potatoes, pierce skins and bake at 425 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Cut potatoes and scoop out pulp; mash. Add salt, pepper, butter, and cheese; beat well. Add hot milk and beat until fluffy and cheese is melted. Stir in green onions and sour cream; blend.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Spoon potatoes into an 11”x7” baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions; bake 15 minutes.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch In the Kitchen with Family & Friends Cookbook
Fried Potatoes and Bacon
- 4 -5 medium potatoes
- 6 slices thick bacon
- 2-3 tbsp. butter
- ¼ c. chopped onion
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters. Place in a pot with water and salt. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to prevent boiling over, and continue to boil for 20-30 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cut bacon into small pieces. Add bacon and chopped onion to a 12" frying pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Fry for 5-7 minutes, letting bacon grease accumulate.
- Drain cooked potatoes and add to frying pan and stir mixture together. (It's okay if the potatoes break up a bit.) Add another tablespoon of butter and stir.
- Turn heat to medium-high and cover so potatoes can brown. Stir every few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, and add more butter if necessary.
- Continue to fry for about 15 minutes or until most potatoes are browned to your liking.
Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
This classic French dish combines a creamy cheese sauce with tender potatoes to delight your pallet.
- 4 russet potatoes, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 1 quart casserole dish.
- Layer ½ of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the onion slices and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes, and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1½ hours in the preheated oven.
Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com
These scalloped potatoes are so delicous and easy to make, this will become one of your most-prepared recipes.
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
- Let sit for a minute.
- Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
- Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Top with some paprika for color.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
Recipe Source: Food.com