The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Slow Cooker Chicken And Biscuits
This slow cooker recipe for chicken and biscuits makes it easy to prepare, and it's a delicious meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 1½ to 2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves, cut in large chunks
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed cream of chicken or cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- Dash black pepper
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 6 frozen biscuits or refrigerator biscuits
- In a slow cooker, layer the chunks of uncooked chicken breasts with chopped onion and celery. Combine the soup and gravy with poultry seasoning, thyme, and pepper; pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add the thawed mixed vegetables, turn the slow cooker to HIGH, and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, bake the biscuits as directed on the package. Split a biscuit and spoon some of the chicken and vegetables over the bottom biscuit. Put the top half of the biscuit on the chicken and gravy.
Recipe Source: About.com
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Harvest Apple Cheesecake
Cheesecake is a favorite dessert at many family gatherings, and this apple cheesecake is a delicious twist to an old favorite.
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ c. brown sugar, packed
- ½ c. butter, melted and divided
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 3 apples, cored, peeled and sliced into 12 rings
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ c. sugar
- 8-oz. container ricotta cheese
- 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 8-oz. container whipping cream
- Garnish: cinnamon
- Combine cracker crumbs, brown sugar, ¼ cup butter and cinnamon. Press onto bottom and partway up sides of an ungreased 9" springform pan.
- In a skillet, sauté apple slices on both sides in remaining butter. Arrange 6 apple slices on prepared crust.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, ricotta cheese, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Add whipping cream and blend well. Pour cheese mixture into pan.
- Arrange remaining apple slices on top and press apples slightly under the mixture. Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool and refrigerate overnight.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
If you like buffalo chicken and pizza, then you'll love this scrumptious combination of the two!
- 12-inch Italian pizza crust
- ¼ c. butter, melted
- ¼ c. hot pepper sauce
- 2 c. cooked chicken, diced
- ½ c. celery, chopped
- 4-oz. pkg. crumbled blue cheese
- Place crust on a lightly greased 12" pizza pan; set aside.
- Combine butter and pepper sauce; mix well. Add chicken and celery, tossing to coat.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly over crust. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until heated through and crust is crisp.
Taco in a Pan
This deliciously different version of tacos is quick and easy to make, and a real family-pleaser.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ c. onion, chopped
- ½ c. green pepper, chopped
- 2 c. water
- 1-1/4 oz. pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1-1/2 c. instant rice, uncooked
- 1 c. salsa, or to taste
- 1 c. shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Optional: 1 c. sliced black olives
- Garnish: crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- Brown beef, onion and green pepper in a skillet over medium heat; drain.
- Stir water and taco seasoning into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; stir in rice.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until rice is tender. Sprinkle salsa and cheese over all.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand until cheese melts. Top with tomato and olives, if desired. Garnish with chips.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Stovetop Suppers Cookbook
Upside-Down Pizza Casserole
Love the savory flavors of pizza but don't want to order delivery? This hearty Upside-Down Pizza Casserole is a great way to satisfy your craving without picking up the phone OR making a traditional crust. It's easy enough for a weeknight and kids love it.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 c. green pepper, chopped
- 15-oz. can pizza sauce
- ½ c. sliced pepperoni, chopped
- ½ t. Italian seasoning
- 6-oz. pkg. thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. milk
- 1 T. oil
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown beef, onion and green pepper; drain. Stir in pizza sauce, pepperoni and seasoning; simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture into a greased 13"x9" baking pan. Place mozzarella cheese slices over hot beef mixture.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk and oil; whisk for one minute. Stir in flour salt and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Pour batter over mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, until puffed and golden.
You can easily tweak the ingredients to include your family's favorites... add mushrooms and olives, leave out the peppers and onions, or tailor it however you like.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Weeknight Dinners Cookbook