The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Apple Stuffed Pork Loin Roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 2 cups thick-cut white bread cubes, crusts removed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- ½ to 1 cup chicken broth, plus more if needed
- 1 (3 pound) pork loin roast, butterflied
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, apples and sage. Saute until softened.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in the bread, egg, butter and salt and pepper. Add the chicken broth gradually until everything is moistened. Let the stuffing mixture cool completely before putting it in the pork loin.
- Spoon the stuffing down the pork, horizontally, in a line. Roll the pork over the stuffing, jelly roll style, ending with the seam down and fat side up. Lightly score the fat, in a diamond pattern, with a sharp knife. Tightly tie the pork roast up with butcher's twine, season it with more salt and pepper, and transfer to a roasting pan.
- Roast the pork in a preheated oven for about 90 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with apples and fresh herbs.
Recipe Source: Food Network.com
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Dinner
Roast beef dinner cooked in your slow cooker until you are ready to eat it! Perfect winter comfort food dish.
- 3-4 lbs. chuck roast (shoulder cut)
- 1½ c. red wine
- 7-8 large potatoes, peeled, cut in half, and washed
- 5-6 large carrots
- ¼ - ½ c. butter
- ⅓ c. flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¼ - ½ c. milk or half and half
- Season roast with salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and onion powder. Brown both sides in a hot pan with a few TBSP of oil.
- Cut up a large onion and put in bottom of the slow cooker. Place browned roast on top of onions.
- Deglaze pan with red wine. Simmer for 1 minute and pour over roast/onion in slow cooker.
- Place carrots around roast and potatoes on top of the carrots. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove potatoes and mash with milk, butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Keep warm.
- Remove liquid from slow cooker and bring to a simmer in a pan. Thicken with roux and serve over roast and mashed potatoes.
To Die for Crock Pot Roast
True to its name, this roast beef is the best you've ever eaten. You'll never make roast another way again.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) beef roast, any kind
- 1 (1¼ ounce) package brown gravy mix, dry
- 1 (1¼ ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (1¼ ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry
- ½ cup water
- Place beef roast in crock pot.
- Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
- Pour the water around the roast.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Recipe Source: Food.com
Best Ever Pot Roast
The most delicious-tasting pot roast recipe! Once you try it, you won't make pot roast any other way again.
- 2-5 lb. pot roast
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- Potatoes and carrots (optional)
- 2-4 cups water
- Brown the roast on all sides in pressure cooker. Sprinkle all 3 seasoning envelopes on top.
- Add potatoes and carrots to pressure cooker. Pour in enough water to cover everything. Let cook at 10 lbs. of pressure for 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of the roast and the amount of potatoes and carrots you add. If you choose not to add potatoes and carrots with your roast, then 2 cups of water should be sufficient.
- Pot roast can be made in a crockpot instead of a pressure cooker if you prefer. Cook on low for 6-10 hours until meat is tender and veggies are cooked through.
This makes the most delicious pot roast I've ever tasted and the veggies absorb so much flavor from the seasoning mixes. The potatoes are to die for, in my opinion! We poured some of the sauce from the pot over the meat and veggies.
Photo Credit: stlbites / CC