The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Recipes Books From Amazon
Orange Coffee Rolls
These orange-flavored sweet rolls are the perfect treat for Sunday brunch.
- ¼ c. warm water
- 1 env. active dry yeast
- 1-3/4 c. sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- ½ c. sour cream
- ½ c. butter, melted and divided
- 1 t. salt
- 2-3/4 to 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. flaked coconut, toasted and divided
- 2 T. orange zest
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¼ c. butter
- 2 t. orange juice
- Heat water until warm, about 110 to 115 degrees. Combine yeast and warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup sugar, eggs, sour cream , 6 tablespoons melted butter and salt; beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
- Gradually stir in enough flour to make a soft dough. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Place in a well greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 1-1/2 hours, or until double in bulk.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Roll one portion of dough into a 12-inch circle; brush with one tablespoon melted butter.
- Combine ¾ cup sugar, ¾ c. coconut and orange zest, sprinkle half of the coconut mixture over dough.
- Cut into 12 wedges, roll up each wedge, beginning at wide end. Place in a greased 13x9” baking pan, point side down. Repeat with remaining dough, butter and coconut mixture.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 45 minutes or until double in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden. Cover with aluminum foil after 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
- While rolls bake, combine remaining ¾ cup sugar, sour cream, butter and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; boil, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Let glaze cool slightly.
- Spoon warm glaze over warm rolls, sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup coconut.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch Best-Loved Baking Recipes Cookbook
Easy Dinner Rolls
Even the beginner cook can make these, and they're true homemade dinner rolls.
- 1 cup water (110 degrees F)
- 2 packages yeast (Do not use the quick rising in this recipe)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4¼ cups flour
- Combine water and yeast in large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- With wooden spoon, stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time and beat in as much as you can. (You will probably be able to use all the flour.)
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 3 days.
- Grease a 13x9 baking pan.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. Divide into 24 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a smooth round ball. Place in rows in prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour; until doubled.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Bake until golden brown, about 17 minutes.
Recipe Source: Food.com