The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
These cheesy scalloped potatoes are incredibly simple to throw together, and then just bake & eat. Very easy.
- ⅓ cup butter + 1 TBSP butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- a few shakes pepper
- 1 tsp A-1 steak sauce
- 6-7 medium sized potatoes potatoes
- 3-4 cups cheddar & colby jack cheese
- Melt butter. Add flour and stir while cooking over low heat until golden brown. Add milk. Stir until thickened. If necessary, add more milk. Add dry mustard, A-1, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Reduce heat to low.
- Peel and slice potatoes into thin, even ovals. Lay into a greased or pammed 10×13 pan. Pour sauce over potatoes. You may not need it all. Reserve extra for mac-n-cheese tomorrow. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and everything is melted and delicious.
These scalloped potatoes are so delicous and easy to make, this will become one of your most-prepared recipes.
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
- Let sit for a minute.
- Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
- Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Top with some paprika for color.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
Recipe Source: Food.com