The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Simply Sensational Strawberry Shortcake
This tender shortcake layered with juicy strawberries, a mixture of vanilla pudding and whipped topping is a dessert your family will ask for over and over again.
- 1¼ c. milk, divided
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2¼ c. all-purpose baking mix for biscuits
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) vanilla flavor instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- 4 c. sliced strawberries
- ⅓ c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Beat ½ cup of the milk, the sour cream and 3 Tbsp. sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in baking mix until just moistened.
- Spread evenly into greased 9-inch round cake pan. Bake 12 to 15 min. or until top is golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
- Add remaining ¾ cup milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Gently stir in half of the whipped topping.
- Toss strawberries with ⅓ cup sugar; set aside.
- Cut cake horizontally in half to make two layers.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving plate; top with half of the strawberry mixture. Spread with pudding mixture; cover with top cake layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping; top with remaining strawberry mixture.
- Serve immediately. Store any leftover shortcake in refrigerator.
Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com