The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Slow Cooker Roast Beef Dinner
Roast beef dinner cooked in your slow cooker until you are ready to eat it! Perfect winter comfort food dish.
- 3-4 lbs. chuck roast (shoulder cut)
- 1½ c. red wine
- 7-8 large potatoes, peeled, cut in half, and washed
- 5-6 large carrots
- ¼ - ½ c. butter
- ⅓ c. flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ c. sour cream
- ¼ - ½ c. milk or half and half
- Season roast with salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and onion powder. Brown both sides in a hot pan with a few TBSP of oil.
- Cut up a large onion and put in bottom of the slow cooker. Place browned roast on top of onions.
- Deglaze pan with red wine. Simmer for 1 minute and pour over roast/onion in slow cooker.
- Place carrots around roast and potatoes on top of the carrots. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove potatoes and mash with milk, butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Keep warm.
- Remove liquid from slow cooker and bring to a simmer in a pan. Thicken with roux and serve over roast and mashed potatoes.