The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Restaurant Style Spaghetti Sauce
This delicious spaghetti sauce is flavored with red wine, Italian sausage, garlic and onions. It's quick and easy to make, and your family will love it.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can roma tomatoes (crushed or diced)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup Merlot wine
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until tender and fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and wine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in sausage and simmer until sausage is thoroughly cooked.
- Server over hot cooked spaghetti or your favorite pasta.
You can substitute lean ground beef or ground turkey for a healthier version of this sauce.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com