The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
Tangy Summer Slaw
This lighter version of an old favorite is perfect for hot summer days when you don't want a heavy salad.
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 16-oz. bottle red wine vinegar & oil salad dressing
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. caraway seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss together vegetables in a large serving bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Toss before serving.
Recipe Source: Gooseberry Patch 101 Hearty Recipes Cookbook