The Most Delicious Recipes Online!
- ½ c. Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 lb. medium-size shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Hot cooked rice
- Steamed vegetables
- Combine teriyaki sauce and sugar in small bowl, and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Place shrimp in large plastic food storage bag. Pour 3 Tbsp. of sauce mixture over shrimp. Close bag securely, and turn over several times to coat pieces well. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add enough water to remaining sauce mixture to measure ⅔ cup; blend in cornstarch.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce mixture to pan; cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute, or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
- Spoon shrimp and sauce over rice. Serve vegetables on top of rice or on the side, if desired.
Teriyaki Chicken Sub Sandwich
Slices of chicken breasts tossed in teriyaki sauce, provolone cheese, tomato, and lettuce drizzled with homemade sweet onion sauce make this a sandwich you won't soon forget.
- Sweet Onion Sauce:
- ¼ cup finely chopped sweet or red onion (I use mostly red but also like it with
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. powdered milk
- ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 2 large chicken breasts
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- ½ c. shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 or more tbsp. sweet onion sauce
- To make the sweet onion sauce:
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- To make the sandwiches: Marinade the chicken breasts in the teriyaki sauce for 1 hour.
- Sauté the chicken breasts in a non stick pan on medium heat until done; about 15 minutes.
- Let the chicken cool and then slice thinly.
- Slice the hoagie roll lengthwise but do not separate.
- Place 2 slice provolone cheese on each roll, top with chicken slices, top with tomato slices and then the lettuce.
- Drizzle with sweet onion sauce; close sandwiches and serve.
This teriyaki chicken sandwich makes a delicious meal for lunch or dinner.
Recipe Source: Foodista.com
Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Shrimp
An easy to make recipe for shrimp wrapped in bacon, then baked in teriyaki sauce.
- 20 slices bacon
- 2 pounds shrimp
- 10 ounces teriyaki sauce
- Cut bacon slices in half. Wrap bacon around each shrimp. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour teriyaki sauce over shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Bake at 400 degrees uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
I think this would make a wonderful appetizer or a main dish.
Recipe Source: Foodista.com